Monday's Special Book...

I was asked to read a rather unusual book...for me...anyway.

It's this one...

 

It's a sweetly sad book written by Elisabeth Voltz about her life growing up on a farm in Pennsylvania. It's a beautiful book but as you can imagine...it's incredibly sad. I didn't actually think I could read it but once I started I was able to. And...the sadness wasn't as sad I thought it would be. It was sad but I could bear it.

It was as though I was reading lots of individual stories.

Small Boxes is the first chapter and tells how smaller animals were buried...in shoe boxes lined with fabric or pages from wallpaper books.

 

The back of the book best described Wolf Creek to me.

 

Other books in the mail...

the first three from Amazon Vine...the last one I think from the publisher...

Do you ever think you have way too many books?

 

Hugs...

Patty

 

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Stylish DP Girls | Powered by Blogger